TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - The J.O. Combs Unified School District continues to partner with Banner Ironwood in a Student of the Month program, which recognizes one student every month from each of its schools.
There is a selection process in place where students are recognized for the various pillars of the Character Counts Program, which include Responsibility, Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Caring, Respect and Fairness.
This presentation takes place each month at the Regular Governing Board Meeting.
For the month of January, Ms. Jamie Kaalekahi-Mamac, Director of Inpatient Services and Clinical Care Operations at Banner Ironwood Medical Center, presented each student with a Certificate of Special Recognition.
The following students were recognized for demonstrating the character trait of Respect:
- Alexia Arledge, Combs High School, Grade 11
- Rachael Peterson, Combs Middle School, Grade 8 (not pictured)
- Max Curtis, Combs Traditional Academy, Grade 2
- Mason Elrod, Ellsworth Elementary, Grade 4
- Savannah Hord, Harmon Elementary, Grade 2
- Mya Palmer, Ranch Elementary, Grade 6
- Edy Blamires, Simonton Elementary, Grade 4
- Bam Miller, Combs Traditional Academy, Grade 3 (December recognition)