By Leasa Conze - email
TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - Pima Air and Space Museum is among the top ten aviation museums in the nation, according to TripAdvisor.
Billed as the world's largest travel site, TripAdvisor tallied its results from travelers.
The web site says America has a rich history as the birthplace of aviation, giving air travel lovers and flying fanatics a myriad of opportunities to learn more about planes, gliders, shuttles and everything in between.
"Whether you're an aviation buff or someone who just likes being up in the air, there's a wealth of fascinating attractions across the U.S. that explore the history of air travel, says Bryan Salzburg, general manager of new initiatives at TripAdvisor.
"They're sure to give you a deeper appreciation of the aircraft you're on the next time you find yourself cruising along at 30,000 feet."
The top ten aviation museums are:
1. National Air and Space Museum, Washington, DC
2. Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, New York, NY
3. Wright Brothers National Memorial, Kill Devil Hills, NC
4. National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, FL
5. Museum of Flight, Seattle, WA
6. Pima Air & Space Museum, Tucson, AZ
7. Boeing Aircraft Factory Tour, Everett, WA
8. Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, HI
9. Gravelly Point Park, Arlington, VA
10. Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, McMinnville, OR
7831 N. Business Park Drive