Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (RNN) - Presidential candidate Herman Cain rejected the numerous allegations of sexual misconduct that have been raised against him, saying they were false and had no legal basis.
"I will vigorously defend my reputation, because I will not allow false accusations to compromise or in any way reflect badly on my character or on my integrity," Cain said Tuesday in an afternoon news conference in Scottsdale, AZ.
The former CEO of Godfather's Pizza said he has never acted inappropriately with anyone "period," and was defiant in the face of speculation about whether he would end his candidacy.
"Ain't gonna happen, because I'm doing this for the American people and for their children and their grandchildren," he said.
Cain vowed to set the record straight in a news conference, which began at about 5 p.m. ET and lasted for just more than 30 minutes. Cain was introduced by famed political attorney Lin Wood, who called him a "good and decent man" whose reputation was under attack by improbable claims.
"Now Herman Cain in the court of public opinion has to respond not to admissible evidence," Wood said. "He has to respond to hearsay and rumors and speculation."
A woman who accused Herman Cain of an unwanted sexual advance stepped forward Monday and made a statement to the media about the incident and challenged Cain to tell the truth about the events.
Flanked by her celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, Sharon Bialek, gave a lurid account of her alleged harassment by Cain, and said that she wanted to give a face to the women who have accused him.
Bialek alleges Cain put his hand on her leg, under her skirt and grabbed her head to pull her closer to his "crotch," to which Bialek objected.
Cain responded to Bialek's claims Tuesday by saying the first time he had ever seen her was Monday when went before television cameras to accuse him of sexual misconduct.
"I tried to remember if I recognized her, and I didn't. I tried to remember if I remembered that name, and I didn't," he said. "The charges and the accusations I absolutely reject. They simply did not happen."
Bialek is the second of four accusers to break their silence about allegations of misconduct. Another woman, who had wanted to remain anonymous, released a statement through her lawyer, Joel Bennett, on Nov. 4. She was later identified as Karen Kraushaar, according to CNN.
Allred produced two signed affidavits saying Bialek told her then-boyfriend and her mentor that Cain was sexually inappropriate toward her.
Hours after Bialek went public with her accusations, Cain appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live. The Republican vehemently denied the allegations, in line with his Tuesday statements to the media.
"There's not an ounce of truth in all these allegations," Cain said.
Copyright 2011 Raycom News Network. All rights resolved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive