Chocolate Tiramisu by Executive Sous Chef Jose Fernandez of The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
1/2 Pound Mascarpone Cheese
1 Cup Heavy Cream
3 Each Pasteurized Egg Yolks
1 1/2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
2 Cups Espresso Brewed
1 Cup Kahlua Liqueur
5 Each Chocolate Lady Fingers or Chocolate Biscotti
1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
For the Mascarpone Cream:
1. Whip heavy cream and granulated sugar to form a stiff peak.
2. Whisk yolks in a small bowl until smooth.
3. Fold the heavy cream, yolks and mascarpone cheese in a separate bowl. Refrigerate.
Soaking liquid for Chocolate Lady Fingers:
1. Combine the brewed espresso and Kahlua and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Set aside to cool for use later.
Soak small pieces of chocolate lady fingers in the espresso mix. In individual glass bowls, pour 1 layer of Mascarpone Cream, 1 layer of soaked chocolate lady fingers, another layer of chocolate chips. Repeat this until the glass is full with the mascarpone Cream being last. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours. Before serving, dust the top of each with cocoa powder and serve with the extra chocolate lady fingers.
7831 N. Business Park Drive