Miranda Del Pozo FOX19 WXIX morning news reporter in Cincinnati - Tucson News Now

Miranda Del Pozo

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

I first joined FOX19 as the 10:00 producer in 2010.

You may have seen me filling in on the anchor desk on the weekends, or with an occasional story on Sunday nights.

Now, I'm excited to be the new Breaking News Reporter for the FOX19 Morning News.

Prior to joining FOX19, I spent many years at the Fox affiliate in Albany, Georgia where I was the Main Anchor for the 10:00 News.

I have a Communications Degree from Bellarmine University in Louisville and am a proud graduate of Simon Kenton High School.  Go Pioneers!

When not working, I enjoy spending time with my husband Jorge and our daughter Allison.

If you have breaking news, send me and email, or post it to my Facebook page.

I look forward to working in my hometown, and if you see me out and about, feel free to say hello.

If you have any story ideas, email me at mdelpozo@fox19.com. Also be sure to like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.

• Local newsMore>>

Students across Southern Arizona raise thousands for the American Heart Association

Sunday, April 22 2018 1:47 AM EDT2018-04-22 05:47:21 GMT

Students all around Southern Arizona have been doing their part to help the American Heart Association these last few months. Their outstanding efforts were recognized during the 2018 American Heart Association Heart Walk at Reid Park in Tucson, Saturday night. More than twenty children were applauded for raising around $40,000 for the cause.

UPDATE: Everything you need to know about Arizona's teacher walkout

Sunday, April 22 2018 12:31 AM EDT2018-04-22 04:31:23 GMT
    Arizona teachers could be staging a strike, which may leave tens of thousands of parents scrambling. (Source: Raycom Media)Arizona teachers could be staging a strike, which may leave tens of thousands of parents scrambling. (Source: Raycom Media)

One thing is certain, tens of thousands of parents will be forced to scramble to find out what to do if enough teachers walk out.

Police investigate shooting on southwest side of Tucson

Saturday, April 21 2018 11:55 PM EDT2018-04-22 03:55:50 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

Police responded to a report of a shooting at Cabo del Sol apartments on the southwest side Saturday night, according to a spokesman for Tucson Police Department. The complex is located near W. Drexel Road and S. Midvale Park Road.

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

Delta passenger fined $500 for apple

Saturday, April 21 2018 1:01 PM EDT2018-04-21 17:01:03 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:45 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:45:42 GMT
    adlock's healthy snack turned into a tough reality to stomach. (Source: KDVR/CNN)adlock's healthy snack turned into a tough reality to stomach. (Source: KDVR/CNN)

Crystal Tadlock is not happy about the fine she said

Crystal Tadlock is not happy about the fine she said

Woman loses home at auction to former attorney

Saturday, April 21 2018 11:11 PM EDT2018-04-22 03:11:04 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 11:29 PM EDT2018-04-22 03:29:15 GMT

Sawyers watched her Florissant, MO, home go to auction Thursday. The highest bidder was Her former attorney.