UA dorm evacuated Friday morning - Tucson News Now

UA dorm evacuated Friday morning

A rude awakening for students in a U of A dorm around 3:30 Friday morning.

A couch caught fire in the TV room in Pueblo de la Cienega Hall.

That's one of the relatively new ones new ones on Highland Avenue.

The sprinkler system put out the fire.

When Tucson Fire crews arrived, the water flow alarm was sounding and evacuation of all the students was taking place.

Firefighters shut down the sprinklers and started the process of cleaning up the mess.

A Tucson Fire spokesman tells us it's possible smoking material started the fire in the couch.

Damage is about $2500.

Everyone was allowed to go back into their rooms.

Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly