Tucson Fire reports smoke from McKale Center roof - Tucson News Now

Smoke fills McKale Center after fire in equipment room

Posted: Updated:
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

All of McKale Center was filled with smoke Saturday night after a fire in the equipment room.

Tucson Fire does not know the cause of the fire but continues to investigate.

Firefighters were called to the UA basketball arena around 9:30 p.m. after reports of smoke from the roof.

Capt. Barrett Baker said thick smoke caused a lack of visibility for firefighters.

The UA women's team is scheduled to play Grand Canyon University in McKale Center on Monday night.

Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow