Man who accused Elmo puppeteer of teen sex recants - Tucson News Now

Man who accused Elmo puppeteer of teen sex recants

Posted: Updated:
"Sesame Street" character Elmo and puppeteer Kevin Clash arrive at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Dec. 4, 2011. (AP Photo/Kevin Wolf, file) "Sesame Street" character Elmo and puppeteer Kevin Clash arrive at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Dec. 4, 2011. (AP Photo/Kevin Wolf, file)
  • NationalMore>>

  • Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town

    Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 9:32 AM EDT2014-09-16 13:32:06 GMT
    Dan Linville and his son were sitting in their living room when they smelled smoke. When they looked outside, they saw a black cloud coming over the hills.
    Dan Linville and his son were sitting in their living room when they smelled smoke. When they looked outside, they saw a black cloud coming over the hills.
  • Police: Ohio homicide suspect set himself on fire

    Police: Ohio homicide suspect set himself on fire

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 9:32 AM EDT2014-09-16 13:32:05 GMT
    A man who stepped into traffic and then set himself on fire in an apparent suicide attempt has been connected to a woman found dead in a Cleveland home, authorities said.
    A man who stepped into traffic and then set himself on fire in an apparent suicide attempt has been connected to a woman found dead in a Cleveland home, authorities said.
  • Another Atlantic City bust: Trump Plaza closes

    Another Atlantic City bust: Trump Plaza closes

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 9:13 AM EDT2014-09-16 13:13:30 GMT
    When Trump Plaza opened on May 14, 1984, Donald Trump called it the finest building in Atlantic City, and possibly the nation.
    Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino closed its doors early Tuesday, the fourth Atlantic City casino to go belly-up so far this year.
NEW YORK (AP) -

The man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was a teen now says it isn't so.


The man is now saying his sexual relationship with Clash was adult and consensual.

In response to the statement Tuesday afternoon, Clash issued a statement of his own, saying he is "relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest."

The man, who has not identified himself, released his statement through the Harrisburg, Pa., law firm of Andreozzi & Associates.

On Monday, Sesame Workshop said Clash had taken a leave of absence from "Sesame Street" after allegations came to light that he had had a relationship with a 16-year-old. Clash denied the charges from the man, who is now in his early 20s.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. 

 

Powered by WorldNow