Camilia Terry's two sons will stay with their fatherrs, for now - Tucson News Now

Camilia Terry's two sons will stay with their fathers, for now

Emilliano Terry Emilliano Terry

A magistrate on Friday granted temporary custody of a slain boy's two brothers to their fathers.  Officials with Children and Family Services says both boys are doing fine.

The 5-year old and infant were taken from their mom, Camilia Terry, last week.  She's locked up at the Justice Center, accused of killing their three-year old brother Emilliano Terry.

Magistrate Jodi Wallace is expected to make a permanent decision concerning their custody at the next hearing on January 7th. 

Little Emilliano Terry meantime was buried Friday in a private memorial service.

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.

  • Local newsMore>>

  • Instrument repair programs keep TUSD music alive, save money

    Instrument repair programs keep TUSD music alive, save money

    Monday, September 25 2017 12:44 PM EDT2017-09-25 16:44:12 GMT
    Technicians repair broken instruments for TUSD, keeping music alive for students and saving district money (Source: Tucson News Now)Technicians repair broken instruments for TUSD, keeping music alive for students and saving district money (Source: Tucson News Now)

    Tucson United School District is working to keep music alive in their district by making sure every student who wants to play an instrument has
    an opportunity. But getting an instrument in every student’s hands is not cheap. However, the district is able to save thousands of dollars by having two instrument repair technicians.

    Tucson United School District is working to keep music alive in their district by making sure every student who wants to play an instrument has
    an opportunity. But getting an instrument in every student’s hands is not cheap. However, the district is able to save thousands of dollars by having two instrument repair technicians.

  • North Korea Foreign Minister calls Trump's tweet a 'declaration of war'

    North Korea Foreign Minister calls Trump's tweet a 'declaration of war'

    Monday, September 25 2017 11:54 AM EDT2017-09-25 15:54:17 GMT

    North Korea's Foreign Minister addressed reporters in New York City Monday morning to respond to President Trump's tweet that North Korea "won't be around much longer." The North Korean FM said that Trump's tweet was a declaration of war, and that his country now has every right to shoot down U.S. military planes. The Foreign Minister said the following through a translator: This comes from someone who is currently holding the seat of the United States presidency. This i...

    North Korea's Foreign Minister addressed reporters in New York City Monday morning to respond to President Trump's tweet that North Korea "won't be around much longer." The North Korean FM said that Trump's tweet was a declaration of war, and that his country now has every right to shoot down U.S. military planes. The Foreign Minister said the following through a translator: This comes from someone who is currently holding the seat of the United States presidency. This i...

  • Tucson Goes Red for Women

    Tucson Goes Red for Women

    Monday, September 25 2017 10:59 AM EDT2017-09-25 14:59:45 GMT

    You might have seen a lot of people wearing red in support of Go Red for Women over the weekend. The group held a luncheon Saturday focusing on women's heart health.

    You might have seen a lot of people wearing red in support of Go Red for Women over the weekend. The group held a luncheon Saturday focusing on women's heart health.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • North Korea says Trump has 'declared war' on his country

    North Korea says Trump has 'declared war' on his country

    Monday, September 25 2017 11:37 AM EDT2017-09-25 15:37:54 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 1:11 PM EDT2017-09-25 17:11:19 GMT

    North Korea's foreign minister says Trump's tweet was a declaration of war against his country.

    North Korea's foreign minister says Trump's tweet was a declaration of war against his country.

  • Anthony Weiner sentenced to 21 months in sexting case

    Anthony Weiner sentenced to 21 months in sexting case

    Monday, September 25 2017 12:37 AM EDT2017-09-25 04:37:20 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 1:11 PM EDT2017-09-25 17:11:37 GMT

    Prosecutors say Weiner broke the law by having illicit contact with a 15-year-old girl, including asking her to "sexually perform" for him in conversations on Skype and Snapchat.

    Prosecutors say Weiner broke the law by having illicit contact with a 15-year-old girl, including asking her to "sexually perform" for him in conversations on Skype and Snapchat.

  • Boy beaten with hammer while protecting sister dies

    Boy beaten with hammer while protecting sister dies

    Sunday, September 24 2017 2:13 AM EDT2017-09-24 06:13:24 GMT
    Sunday, September 24 2017 2:13 AM EDT2017-09-24 06:13:24 GMT

    The suspect in the beatings faces charges of murder, attempted murder, and lewd acts with a child under 14.

    The suspect in the beatings faces charges of murder, attempted murder, and lewd acts with a child under 14.

Powered by Frankly