Man trying to thaw pipes starts mobile home fire - Tucson News Now

Man trying to thaw pipes starts mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

An elderly man was using a propane torch to thaw his pipes Tuesday evening when he caught his mobile home on fire.

The fire at 4100 N. Romero Road, just south of Wetmore Road on the northwest side,  happened around 5 p.m.

The mobile home was a total loss, Northwest Fire Capt. Adam Goldberg said.

Northwest Fire's community assistance team was assisting the man, Goldberg said.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow