The reigning national champion Arizona Wildcats baseball team takes the field for the first time in 2013 on Opening Day at Hi Corbett Field on Friday, Feb. 15. Arizona Athletics has planned a full slate of baseball fun to start off the new season, including special national championship recognition before the game and a post-game fireworks show. Here is everything Wildcat fans need to know for Opening Day:
Arizona Baseball Opening Day
Where: Hi Corbett Field
When: Friday, Feb. 15
Gates open: 4 p.m.
First pitch: 6 p.m.
- National Championship celebration.
- 2012 championship outfield wall sign will be unveiled.
- Free national championship rally towels to the first 3,000 fans.
- Kurt Heyer will participate in a pre-game autograph session from 4:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. on the third base side concourse.
- The U.S. Post Office station to put a new national championship commemorative post mark on stamped items (located on third base side concourse).
- Kurt Heyer, Robert Refsnyder and Joey Rickardwill throw out the first pitch.
- Post-game firework show. - 1290 AM's "In the House" will host their show live from Hi Corbett Field, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive
Tucson, AZ 85743