Burning sofa chars vacant home on south side - Tucson News Now

Burning sofa chars vacant home on south side

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Tucson Fire) (Source: Tucson Fire)

By Rachel Krismann / Tucson News Now

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - A burning sofa caused a fire Sunday at a home in the 4100 block of South 12th Avenue.

Passersby spotted smoke through the boarding of the windows around 9:10 a.m., Battalion Chief Patrick Quinn said. Firefighters arrived minutes later.

All utilities were turned off at the time of the incident, and the only damage done was to the ceiling and wood floors where the sofa was burning, Quinn said.

The fire was quickly put out, and the sofa was removed from the house.

The home was vacant.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow