A University of Arizona employee is the victim of a strong arm robbery that happened earlier this morning at a parking garage on campus.
The robbery took place in the Highland Garage, (1201 N. Highland). According to the victim he was approached by the suspect, who then stole what the employee's property and fled the garage on foot.
The suspect is described as a dark skinned male, 25 to 30 years old, wearing a black long-sleeved shirt with an orange and black logo on the left sleeve, with faded and baggy blue jeans. The victim also said the suspect had a tattoo on his left hand that could possibly be a rose.
According to U of A police the suspect did not show or imply a weapon, and the victim was not injured.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 911 or 88-CRIME.
The U of A Police would also like to remind students and employees about the following safety tips:
1. Remain alert and aware of your surroundings and the people in your vicinity at all times.
2. Save important phones calls for a later time. Talking on cell phones or using other electronic devices when walking, biking, or driving are distractions and divert your attention away from your surroundings.
3. At night, travel in well-lighted areas. Avoid "shortcuts" through dark or deserted areas. Use the buddy system and travel with a group.
4. Utilize ASUA Safe Ride for a free way to travel between UA buildings and lots at night. Call: 520-621-SAFE.
5. If you feel threatened or suspect you are being followed, walk toward well-lighted areas where there are people. Call 9-1-1 immediately!
6. Emergency blue light phones give you direct access to UAPD with the push of a button. Know where they are located at all times.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive