Leading Off …
- Arizona ranked No. 2 in the Pac-12 and No. 15 nationally with a .316 batting average entering the week.
- The Wildcats are tied for the national lead with 19 triples.
- Trent Gilbert's five triples led the nation entering the week.
- Brandon Dixon's 34 runs scored led all Division I players entering the week.
- Johnny Field enters the series with a 10-game hitting streak.
- Arizona looks to avoid a fourth-straight loss for the first time since 2010.
- The Wildcats won 21 of the last 25 weekend series.
- Last weekend's sweep by OSU was the first time the Wildcats had been swept in a weekend series since 2010 (at California).
- Konner Wade is 5-1 with a 2.52 ERA over 89.1 innings pitched in his career in road/neutral games.
- In 2012, 53 percent of UA's games were started by juniors or seniors. In 2013, that figure is down to 27 percent.
- Arizona has hit .300 or better for 10 consecutive seasons.
- Closer Mathew Troupe is 2-0 with four saves and a 6:1 strikeout to walk ratio on the season.
Date Time (PDT) Location (Ballpark) Probable Starters
Fri., March 22 6 p.m. Eugene, Ore. (PK Park) RHP Jake Reed (2-3, 3.82) vs. RHP Konner Wade (2-1, 4.41)
Sat., March 23 2 p.m. Eugene, Ore. (PK Park) LHP Tommy Thorpe (2-2, 3.72) vs. RHP James Farris (3-2, 3.82)
Sun., March 24 Noon Eugene, Ore. (PK Park) LHP Cole Irvin (3-1, 3.74) vs. LHP Cody Moffett (2-1, 3.52)
All-Time Series: Arizona leads, 15-5-1
Last Meetings: March 4-6, 2013 (UO won 2-of-3 in Tucson, Ariz.)
Streak: Oregon has won 4 of last 6
First Meetings: June 10, 1954 (UA 12, UO 1 at Omaha, Neb.)
Copyright 2013 Arizona Athletics. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive