A fire early on Friday morning heavily damaged an East Texas restaurant.
Just after midnight, according to fire officials, T. Blancos Mexican restaurant on Hwy 322 in Lakeport caught fire.
Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen, destroyed the kitchen and the rest of the building suffered heavy smoke damage.
"Especially at 12 o'clock at night your place is on fire and you're like no this isn't happening its just a little fire in the back yard, but no this was the real thing. We have a really good insurance policy we've already discussed it with them, and its just going to be a matter of time of us putting it back together," says owner Thomas White.
Four Elderville VFD units responded and had the fire under control within twenty minutes, saving the rest of the structure, according to investigators.
Officials believe an electrical short may have sparked the fire. No one was reported injured, and the owners do plan to rebuild as soon as possible.
On T. Blanco's Facebook page, the following statement was posted on Friday morning: "We are sad to announce that T. Blanco's kitchen caught on fire early this morning. It was an electrical fire that occurred after business hours and we are so thankful that nobody was injured. We will be closed for repair until further notice. Thank you to all of the police officers and firemen who were on the scene!!"
Stay with KLTV for updates.
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive