More than eleven years after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York City, the city's medical examiner has begun sifting through debris in search of human remains.
The medical examiner's office said the work began Monday and is expected to take ten weeks to complete.
Around 60 truckloads of construction debris have been collected around the site over the past two and a half years, according to city officials.
They said DNA testing will continue until every possible identification can be made.
More than 2,700 people died at the World Trade Center in the 2001 terrorist attacks. So far, more than 1,600 have been identified.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive