Mistrial declared in La Madrid case - Tucson News Now

Mistrial declared in La Madrid case

Posted: Updated:
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

Jury deliberations continue today in the trial of a Tucson man accused of killing a teenage girl.

A mistrial was declared in the trial of Max La Madrid on Monday, his attorney told Tucson News Now.

Dan H. Cooper says parties will be back in court Monday, April 8 for a new trial date.

Max Montijo De La Madrid is charged with first degree murder in the death of Tanee Natividad in November 2001, who was shot outside a midtown Jack in the Box.

Investigators say he shot at a vehicle she was riding in, thinking she was someone else.

Since then La Madrid reportedly spent nearly nine years on the run in Mexico to avoid prosecution before his arrest in 2010.

It's the second murder trial for La Madrid; in September 2012, a jury dead-locked over a murder charge.

KOLD News 13 will bring you updates as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow