1 pound center cut bacon, diced
12 ounces chicken breast
1 large onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, shredded
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup white wine
6 cup chicken stock
14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes in juice
1 head romaine lettuce, center rib removed then chopped
• Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and reserve on paper towel lined plate. Pour off all oil from pan except for 2 tablespoons.
• Warm pan drippings. Cook chicken until lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove chicken from saucepan, dice then set aside.
• Sauté the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic in the warmed Dutch oven until tender, 5 minutes.
• Pour the wine into the pan and deglaze any fond that has developed on the bottom of the pan. Add stock to saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
• Stir in tomatoes, lettuce, and chopped chicken.
• Garnish with cooked chopped bacon.
7831 N. Business Park Drive