Leading Off …
- Trent Gilbert was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week after going 5-for-13 with three runs scored and six RBI last week vs. Utah.
- Gilbert is tied for No. 2 nationally with five triples.
- Arizona pitchers have eight saves this year after registering 10 all of last season.
- Mathew Troupe's 12 career saves rank No. 7 in program history.
- Johnny Field is batting .444 (8-for-18) since moving into the leadoff position four games ago.
- Brandon Dixon leads the Pac-12 in runs (38), hits (45) and stolen bases (22). He ranks second in batting (.413) and slugging (.651).
- Konner Wade has yet to throw a complete game in 2013 after throwing six last season, including one at California.
- Joseph Maggi is batting 7-for-13 (.528) over the last five games.
- UA hitters have drawn 130 walks and been hit by a pitch 42 times compared to only 142 strikeouts.
- Five of UA's first nine Pac-12 games have been decided by one run.
- Tyler Crawford is 3-2 with a 1.89 ERA over seven career starts.
- UA has hit .300 or better for 10 consecutive seasons.
- UA has 12 last at-bat victories since March of 2012.
- UA is 14-2 when out-hitting opponents this season.
Radio: All three games will be broadcast on 1290AM in Tucson. Brian Jeffries will provide the play-by-play descriptions.
TV: Sunday's game will be televised live on ESPNU. Roxy Bernstein (pxp) and Paul Lo Duca (color) will call the action.
All-Time Series: Arizona leads, 100-70
Streak: UA has won three straight
First Meetings: March 31, 1951 (UA 3, Cal 1at California)
Last Meetings: May 11-13, 2012 (UA swept three games at California)
Date Time (MST) Location (Ballpark) Probable Starters
Fri., April 5 6 p.m. Tucson, Ariz. (Hi Corbett Field) RHP Ryan Mason (4-0, 2.37) vs. RHP Konner Wade (2-2, 3.99)
Sat., April 6 6 p.m. Tucson, Ariz. (Hi Corbett Field) LHP Justin Jones (1-3, 4.76) vs. RHP James Farris (3-3, 4.08)
Sun., April 7 1 p.m. Tucson, Ariz. (Hi Corbett Field) RHP Keaton Siomkin (1-0, 2.38) vs. LHP Tyler Crawford (3-1, 2.30)
Copyright 2013 Arizona Athletics. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive