Glendale firefighters were treating an 18-month-old child for bee stings Monday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News)
The incident happened near 63rd and Peoria avenues. (Source: CBS 5 News)
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -
An 18-month-old child was among three children stung repeatedly by a swarm of bees stirred up by a Glendale homeowner who was trying to remove the swarm himself Monday morning.
Glendale firefighters treated the children at 6300 W. Mercer Lane, near 63rd and Peoria avenues, said Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department. All, including a 13-year-old and a 12-year-old, were treated at the scene and stayed home.
Young said the homeowner had asked for a quote from a bee removal service about two weeks ago but felt that the quote was too high, so he bought his own bee suit and tried to remove the bees when they became agitated.
A family dog was also stung just before 10 a.m., the spokesman said.
Firefighters doused the swarm with foam.
No other information was immediately available.
Stay with cbs5az.com and CBS 5 News as this story develops.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.