Released by the City of Tyler:
Earlier today, the Tyler Police Department
responded to a call at Tyler City Hall. Upon investigating, officers found that
a man had passed away after being overcome by fumes emitted from a stain being
applied during a renovation project.
The worker was employed by Watson Commercial Paint Company, a subcontractor to RPR Construction.
RPR had been hired to renovate a portion of the second floor of City Hall. Police conducted a thorough investigation of the incident.
In addition, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) also completed their own investigation.
"Our hearts go out to the family and friends of the deceased," said City
Manager Mark McDaniel. "This is a very tragic situation and we are truly
7831 N. Business Park Drive