Mobile home fire termed 'suspicious' - Tucson News Now

Mobile home fire termed 'suspicious'

The origin of a mobile home fire near South Mountain was being called suspicious. (Source: CBS 5 News) The origin of a mobile home fire near South Mountain was being called suspicious. (Source: CBS 5 News)
The fire caused extensive damage to the vacant mobile home. (Source: CBS 5 News) The fire caused extensive damage to the vacant mobile home. (Source: CBS 5 News)
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

Phoenix firefighters are calling a fire at an abandoned mobile home Thursday night suspicious.

The fire was called in by a mobile home park resident about 11 p.m. The blaze caused extensive damage to the trailer in the 600 block of East South Mountain Avenue.

Acting Fire Captain Dan Crowley said the fire's origin was suspicious because there was no electricity or natural gas running to the trailer.

Crowley said the trailer was engulfed by flames when firefighters arrived, and that a second fire company was called to ensure the fire didn't extend to adjacent trailers.

No cause had been determined.

No other information was immediately available.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Local newsMore>>

  • Computer problems with death certificate database holding up burials

    Computer problems with death certificate database holding up burials

    Wednesday, October 18 2017 1:07 AM EDT2017-10-18 05:07:56 GMT
    (Source: Tucson News Now)(Source: Tucson News Now)

    The problem is becoming increasingly troubling for some of the smaller funeral homes in Tucson that are running out of refrigeration space. Bring’s Funeral home is currently at capacity, and they worry this has the potential to become a public health crisis. 

    The problem is becoming increasingly troubling for some of the smaller funeral homes in Tucson that are running out of refrigeration space. Bring’s Funeral home is currently at capacity, and they worry this has the potential to become a public health crisis. 

  • Laundry room fire temporarily displaces family of four

    Laundry room fire temporarily displaces family of four

    Wednesday, October 18 2017 12:41 AM EDT2017-10-18 04:41:17 GMT
    Damage from laundry room fire. (Source: Tucson Fire Department)Damage from laundry room fire. (Source: Tucson Fire Department)

    Crews from the Tucson Fire Department responded to a 911 call about a house fire in the 8900 block of East Bears Path Road on the far east side.   

    Crews from the Tucson Fire Department responded to a 911 call about a house fire in the 8900 block of East Bears Path Road on the far east side.   

  • TUSD approves teacher raise

    TUSD approves teacher raise

    Tuesday, October 17 2017 10:37 PM EDT2017-10-18 02:37:46 GMT
    (Source: Tucson News Now)(Source: Tucson News Now)

    The vote was 5 to 0 in favor of the raise.  

    The vote was 5 to 0 in favor of the raise.  

Powered by Frankly