TFD says extension cord malfunction is cause of duplex fire - Tucson News Now

TFD says extension cord malfunction is cause of duplex fire

Smoke from duplex fire seen from the road (Source: Jose_paredes_21/See, Snap, Send it) Smoke from duplex fire seen from the road (Source: Jose_paredes_21/See, Snap, Send it)
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

UPDATE:  Tucson Fire is saying the cause of the early morning duplex fire was a malfunctioning electric connection in an extension cord.  The fire began on the back porch and involved a refrigerator and an extension cord that wasn't working correctly. 

No restrictions to traffic, though TFD investigators are still on the scene.  

According to TFD several people were treated for smoke inhalation, and another for burns to their head. 

Seven residents are without homes this morning, say TFD officials, as the fire consumed one building and damaged several others.  Red Cross is working with several of the displaced residents.

Tucson Fire responded around 5:30 a.m. to a fire on the 300 block of W. Irvington near 12th Avenue. 

According to TFD Captain Barrett Baker, they received multiple 911 calls from residents in the area about smoke and fire in the duplex.

Stay with Tucson News Now for updates on the situation as they come in.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.

 

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Grieving couple unable to cremate stillborn, conjoined infants due to NC law

    Grieving couple unable to cremate stillborn, conjoined infants due to NC law

    Sunday, May 27 2018 2:24 AM EDT2018-05-27 06:24:37 GMT
    Sunday, May 27 2018 2:24 AM EDT2018-05-27 06:24:37 GMT
    A North Carolina law on cremation procedures forbids the cremation of more than one person within the same cremation chamber. (Source: WRAL/CNN)A North Carolina law on cremation procedures forbids the cremation of more than one person within the same cremation chamber. (Source: WRAL/CNN)

    A North Carolina law on cremation procedures forbids the cremation of more than one person within the same cremation chamber.

    A North Carolina law on cremation procedures forbids the cremation of more than one person within the same cremation chamber.

  • McDonald's customers sue over paying for cheese on burgers

    McDonald's customers sue over paying for cheese on burgers

    Sunday, May 27 2018 6:35 AM EDT2018-05-27 10:35:01 GMT
    Sunday, May 27 2018 6:35 AM EDT2018-05-27 10:35:01 GMT
    The plantiffs claim McDonald's has been overcharging them because they have been paying for cheese they didn't want nor receive. (Source: Flickr)The plantiffs claim McDonald's has been overcharging them because they have been paying for cheese they didn't want nor receive. (Source: Flickr)

    The plaintiffs claim McDonald's has been "unjustly enriched" because customers have been paying for cheese they don't want.

    The plaintiffs claim McDonald's has been "unjustly enriched" because customers have been paying for cheese they don't want.

  • Water moccasin invades home, puts family into action

    Water moccasin invades home, puts family into action

    Friday, May 25 2018 2:57 PM EDT2018-05-25 18:57:52 GMT
    This water moccasin entered a family's home. (Photo courtesy Krystal King)This water moccasin entered a family's home. (Photo courtesy Krystal King)

    An unwelcome visitor was cause for some tense moments and quick action in the King household Saturday morning. Krystal King says it was about 7 a.m. when Stephen, her oldest son, came into his parents' room to notify them about the "big snake in the bathroom."

    An unwelcome visitor was cause for some tense moments and quick action in the King household Saturday morning. Krystal King says it was about 7 a.m. when Stephen, her oldest son, came into his parents' room to notify them about the "big snake in the bathroom."

Powered by Frankly