Fire damages NW side restaurant - Tucson News Now

Fire damages restaurant on NW side

Posted: Updated:
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

An electrical malfunction is being blamed for a fire that damaged a store on Tucson's northwest side this morning.

According to the Northwest Fire District, the fire at the Honey Baked Ham store at 7090 N. Oracle Road at about 5:40 a.m. started because of an electrical malfunction related to a large refrigeration unit used to store ham products.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department also responded to the scene and ordered the evacuation of a neighboring store where a construction crew was working.

Damages are estimated at $20,000. No one was injured in the incident.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow