Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire - Tucson News Now

UPDATE

Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire

A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning. A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning.
A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms. A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms.
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure, and four adults were displaced after a fire at a community placement home Wednesday morning.

A neighbor called in the fire shortly about 6:15 a.m., said Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department.

The house near Glendale Avenue and Camelback Road was fully involved, Young said. The roof partially collapsed while firefighters battled from the outside.

The firefighter suffered from heat-related issues, Young said, but was later released and expected to fully recover.

A Glendale Fire Department spokesman said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction within the stove range hood and traveled rapidly up the wall into the attic.

The single-story house was used the community placement home for Southwest Behavior Center, where the four adults lived.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Local newsMore>>

  • Local bike shop burglarized

    Local bike shop burglarized

    Tuesday, July 25 2017 1:13 AM EDT2017-07-25 05:13:48 GMT

    A local bike shop needs your help tracking down the suspect who broke into their store and made off with an expensive bike. 

    A local bike shop needs your help tracking down the suspect who broke into their store and made off with an expensive bike. 

  • Tucson police search for missing vulnerable adult

    Tucson police search for missing vulnerable adult

    Tuesday, July 25 2017 12:37 AM EDT2017-07-25 04:37:40 GMT
    David Read (Source: Tucson Police Department)David Read (Source: Tucson Police Department)

    According to the Tucson Police Department, 68-year-old David Read left his assisted living center at 8151 E. Speedway Boulevard on Wednesday, July 19, around 4:30 p.m. He was headed to a church at 1950 S. Wilmot Road, but never made it there or back to the center.   

    According to the Tucson Police Department, 68-year-old David Read left his assisted living center at 8151 E. Speedway Boulevard on Wednesday, July 19, around 4:30 p.m. He was headed to a church at 1950 S. Wilmot Road, but never made it there or back to the center.   

  • Camp for homeless veterans damaged by monsoon storms

    Camp for homeless veterans damaged by monsoon storms

    Tuesday, July 25 2017 12:10 AM EDT2017-07-25 04:10:04 GMT
    One of the collapsed tents at Camp Bravo. (Source: Tucson News Now)One of the collapsed tents at Camp Bravo. (Source: Tucson News Now)

    The storm swept through the camp, taking down four tents, knocking over a refrigerator and leaving them without power. Volunteers said this is the worst damage they've ever seen. 

    The storm swept through the camp, taking down four tents, knocking over a refrigerator and leaving them without power. Volunteers said this is the worst damage they've ever seen. 

Powered by Frankly