Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire - Tucson News Now

UPDATE

Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire

A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning. A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning.
A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms. A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms.
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure, and four adults were displaced after a fire at a community placement home Wednesday morning.

A neighbor called in the fire shortly about 6:15 a.m., said Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department.

The house near Glendale Avenue and Camelback Road was fully involved, Young said. The roof partially collapsed while firefighters battled from the outside.

The firefighter suffered from heat-related issues, Young said, but was later released and expected to fully recover.

A Glendale Fire Department spokesman said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction within the stove range hood and traveled rapidly up the wall into the attic.

The single-story house was used the community placement home for Southwest Behavior Center, where the four adults lived.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Local newsMore>>

  • Humble Pie

    Final: Arizona N.C. State

    Thursday, November 23 2017 12:19 AM EST2017-11-23 05:19:55 GMT

    Arizona upset by N.C. State 90-84.

    Arizona upset by N.C. State 90-84.

  • People head to grocery stores for last minute Thanksgiving shopping

    People head to grocery stores for last minute Thanksgiving shopping

    Thursday, November 23 2017 12:02 AM EST2017-11-23 05:02:34 GMT

    Shoppers filled their carts with everything from green beans, to pie crust and roasting pans during their last minute shopping trips on Wednesday afternoon. 

    Shoppers filled their carts with everything from green beans, to pie crust and roasting pans during their last minute shopping trips on Wednesday afternoon. 

  • Local grocery store hours for Thanksgiving

    Local grocery store hours for Thanksgiving

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 9:24 PM EST2017-11-23 02:24:54 GMT

    Looking for a last minute Thanksgiving item?   Here's a quick list of hours for local grocery stores, as always you may want to call your local store before heading out.

    Looking for a last minute Thanksgiving item?   Here's a quick list of hours for local grocery stores, as always you may want to call your local store before heading out.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • 50 employees fired after refusing flu shot

    50 employees fired after refusing flu shot

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 2:14 AM EST2017-11-22 07:14:40 GMT
    Wednesday, November 22 2017 2:14 AM EST2017-11-22 07:14:40 GMT
    At least 50 enployees at a health company have lost their jobs after refusing to get flu shots. (Source: KBJR/CN)At least 50 enployees at a health company have lost their jobs after refusing to get flu shots. (Source: KBJR/CN)

    Since September, employees have been given three options:  Get the flu shot, get an approved religious or medical exemption, or leave Essentia. At least 50 people have lost their jobs thus far.

    Since September, employees have been given three options:  Get the flu shot, get an approved religious or medical exemption, or leave Essentia. At least 50 people have lost their jobs thus far.

  • Pastor found dead at parent's home

    Pastor found dead at parent's home

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 6:32 PM EST2017-11-22 23:32:15 GMT
    Quentin Barlow (Source: Family)Quentin Barlow (Source: Family)

    A local pastor was found dead in his family's home Wednesday morning.

    A local pastor was found dead in his family's home Wednesday morning.

Powered by Frankly