Family escapes early morning house fire - Tucson News Now

Family escapes early morning house fire

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

Northwest Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire in the 900 block of West Limberlost Drive early this morning. 

Heavy smoke filled the house and awoke two teen girls who were sleeping in the family room. They alerted their parents and were able to escape safely.

According to Northwest Fire, the cause of the fire was due to a curling iron that had been left on for three hours before the fire was detected. The unit was plugged in and on a couch.

The smoldering fire erupted into flames that spread to several rooms of the house. The home had no working smoke detectors and fire officials say that the fire could have been worse.

An adult occupant of the home was evaluated by Northwest Fire paramedics for minor smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene.

The home suffered moderate fire damage to the front portion of the structure and heavy smoke damage throughout.

Northwest Fire District's Community Assistance program and Southern Arizona Red Cross chapter will be assisting the family with clothing needs.

Northwest Fire wants to remind everyone to have a least one working smoke detector in your home.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

 

 

  • Local newsMore>>

  • REACh program gives Tucson elementary students day of rodeo fun

    REACh program gives Tucson elementary students day of rodeo fun

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 8:50 AM EST2018-02-20 13:50:04 GMT
    (Source: KOLD News 13)(Source: KOLD News 13)

    REACh, which stands for Rodeo Education and Children, is an educational program that teaches elementary students about the sport of rodeo and the spirit of the American West.

    REACh, which stands for Rodeo Education and Children, is an educational program that teaches elementary students about the sport of rodeo and the spirit of the American West.

  • Family fights for Tucson doctor to lose his license

    Family fights for Tucson doctor to lose his license

    Monday, February 19 2018 11:34 PM EST2018-02-20 04:34:10 GMT
    White paper covers this placard at a medical office building in Tucson. (Source: Tucson News Now)White paper covers this placard at a medical office building in Tucson. (Source: Tucson News Now)

    Verna Carrillo died only days after starting a new pain management prescription in March of 2016. Doctor Gregory J. Porter is scheduled for a hearing Wednesday, February 21, before an administrative law judge for his treatment of her as a patient. 

    Verna Carrillo died only days after starting a new pain management prescription in March of 2016. Doctor Gregory J. Porter is scheduled for a hearing Wednesday, February 21, before an administrative law judge for his treatment of her as a patient. 

  • Controversy over proposed hi-rise housing complex on 4th Avenue

    Controversy over proposed hi-rise housing complex on 4th Avenue

    Monday, February 19 2018 9:57 PM EST2018-02-20 02:57:18 GMT

    A proposal to build a 7-story housing complex at 4th and 6th along Fourth Avenue has created a concern and controversy as to whether it will change the iconic nature of the Tucson tourist attraction. 

    A proposal to build a 7-story housing complex at 4th and 6th along Fourth Avenue has created a concern and controversy as to whether it will change the iconic nature of the Tucson tourist attraction. 

Powered by Frankly