TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Military veterans interested in employment, apprenticeship and training opportunities are invited to a free workshop on Tuesday, June 25.
The workshop, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Kino Veterans' Workforce Center, 2801 E. Ajo Way, will include information about how to effectively complete a federal job application, local on-the-job-training and apprenticeship opportunities, job openings at Goodwill, and services offered by Rally Point Tucson.
It will examine how skills learned or developed in military service transfer to civilian career choices, and will include discussions and computerized assessments, along with information about the current labor market.
To sign up or obtain more information, please call (520) 740-4646 or (520) 243-6700.
Career Exploration for Veterans workshops are held every other Tuesday at the Kino Veterans' Workforce Center.
Visit http://www.pima.gov/ced/employment-training.shtml#Resources for information about upcoming workshops.
Pima County One-Stop Career Center opened the Kino Veterans' Workforce Center last year to help military veterans find jobs and get training, benefits and support services; and to help employers hire veterans.
The Kino Veterans' Workforce Center offers veterans:
• Peer support, drop-in and welcome
• Career counseling and job search assistance
• Help with resumes, interview and phone techniques
• Skill and aptitude assessments
• Computer labs and office equipment
• Benefits counseling and claims assistance – education, medical care, disability
• Assistance with housing and other basic needs during transition to employment
• Occupational skills training
• Adult education, tutoring and study skills
• Behavioral health services and recovery
• Business recruitment and workforce training assistance