Many questions still remain after a brush fire sparked near the Santa Cruz River basin just minutes after Thursdays's 9:00 p.m. Marana fireworks show began.
Tucson News Now received some incredible See it, Snap it, Send it videos and pictures of that fire as it burned during the fireworks show.
However, some still wonder if the right precautions were taken, especially since thousands of people were around watching it.
Approximately ten minutes into Thursday's Fourth of July fireworks show in Marana, Anna Knight and her family saw an orange glow grow.
"Well it was really nice until the flames," said Knight. "The fire was actually brighter than the fireworks."
Northwest Fire Captain Adam Goldberg says the fire sparked because embers from the fireworks landed on the dry brush.
"At night time it's really hard to understand the size and complexity of the fire," said Goldberg. "It looks bad."
Firefighters were already on the scene to monitor the show and had the flames out in about fifteen minutes.
Despite the damage, Goldberg stands by the fire department and town of Marana's decision to launch fireworks in this location.
"We know that the fire wasn't going to get up and over these barriers," said Goldberg. "Having those trucks here and in place, we were able to get on this fire right off the get go."
Town of Marana spokesperson, Rodney Campbell, told Tucson News Now all the precautions were taken for the event.
"This is the first time we had an incident like this occur during one of our fireworks shows, but we were well prepared and that was proven last night," said Campbell.
No one was hurt.
Town of Marana and Northwest Fire officials plan to meet next week to see what they can do to improve the Star Spangled Spectacular event next year.
Stay with Tucson News Now for further updates.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive