Bourbon Ice Cream
1 qt. Half and Half
1 qt. Heavy Cream
1 Vanilla bean
12 oz Egg yolks
16 oz Sugar in the Raw
6 oz Bourbon
4 oz Pecans, toasted
4 oz Chocolate sauce
1. Add milk and cream to heavy bottom pot and bring slowly to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out inside, add pod and inside to pot with milk and cream.
3. In a mixing bowl combine yolks and sugar and whisk until a thick homogenous liquid forms.
4. Add milk/cream mixture 4 oz at a time into the yolk mixture whisking continuously to allow egg mixture to warm up slowly. If you add milk/cream too fast you will scrambled the eggs.
5. Once you have incorporated both together return mix stovetop in pot and return to medium heat.
6. Allow mix to slowly heat up until the liquid thickens and will coat the back of a spoon, it will look like melted ice cream. Remove the vanilla bean pod.
7. Place your warm ice cream base to another container and whisk in the bourbon.
8. Allow the ice cream base to chill down completely, either overnight or by the help of an ice bath.
9. Once completely chilled proceed according to the manufacturer's directions for the ice cream maker.
10. When your ice cream is finished garnish with some toasted pecans and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
7831 N. Business Park Drive