Galemmo accused of one of the largest fraud cases in OH history - Tucson News Now

Man facing one of the largest fraud cases in Ohio history

Furniture seized at Glen Galemmo's home on Wednesday Furniture seized at Glen Galemmo's home on Wednesday
Glen Galemmo (Source: Facebook) Glen Galemmo (Source: Facebook)
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

The U.S. Attorney's Office seized the assets of Glen Galemmo, the Cincinnati investor at the center of an alleged Ponzi Scheme. 

At the same time, attorneys for Galemmo's investors say he could be responsible for the largest fraud in the history of the State of Ohio.

"I've never seen anything quite like this," Attorney Rick Wayne said. The second of two civil lawsuits against Galemmo includes 165 investors from coast to coast. Those investors claim they were bilked of a combined $300 million. 

Until Wednesday, Galemmo lived in East Walnut Hills.  FOX19 filmed that home being emptied by movers while a security guard stood by. 

Until last month, Galemmo operated the Queen City Fund, along with a number of other investment entities. 

Attorneys for his investors say those investment funds were a front for an elaborate Ponzi Scheme.  Attorneys add there also may be reason to believe Galemmo wasn't working alone.

While Galemmo is accused of defrauding investors of millions, attorneys say his lifestyle didn't reflect that. 

"We don't see he lived an extravagant lifestyle. We know he had a home in East Walnut Hills, had an office over on Park Avenue, a condo or piece of a condo in Florida," Wayne said.

The IRS is investigating Galemmo for wire and mail fraud as well as money laundering. They have seized Galemmo's Park Avenue office building as well as more than $330,000 in assets, an amount of money that angers investors.

"I can understand the frustrations of investors who deserve some answers," Galemmo's attorney Ben Dusing said.  

Galemmo has also turned over his passport. Dusing said he and his family left their home and are living with family out of state. 

"He was motivated in part by a concern for his personal safety," Dusing said.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • Local newsMore>>

  • UPDATE: Two shot, one dead, at post-wedding party

    UPDATE: Two shot, one dead, at post-wedding party

    Sunday, May 28 2017 3:23 PM EDT2017-05-28 19:23:16 GMT
    Police taped off part of E 32nd Street to investigate a deadly shooting early Sunday morning (Source: TPD).Police taped off part of E 32nd Street to investigate a deadly shooting early Sunday morning (Source: TPD).

    Police responded to several reports of a shooting early Sunday morning in a neighborhood near Park Avenue and East Silverlake Road. Officers found two men shot in the 1100 block of East 32nd Street just after 1:30 a.m. on May 28, according to a release from Tucson Police Department.

    Police responded to several reports of a shooting early Sunday morning in a neighborhood near Park Avenue and East Silverlake Road. Officers found two men shot in the 1100 block of East 32nd Street just after 1:30 a.m. on May 28, according to a release from Tucson Police Department.

  • Crews halt wildfire southeast of Tucson

    Crews halt wildfire southeast of Tucson

    Sunday, May 28 2017 12:48 PM EDT2017-05-28 16:48:06 GMT
    Source: Corona De Tucson FireSource: Corona De Tucson Fire

    Crews have stopped forward progress on a wildfire burning 20 miles southeast of Tucson, according to the Tucson Interagency Dispatch Center. The Cienega fire is now at least 50 percent contained after burning 150 acres.  It broke out Saturday, May 27 near Hilton Ranch Road and Red Cloud Mine Roads.  No buildings are threatened. MOBILE USERS: Download our app on your Apple and Android devices. Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights re...

    Crews have stopped forward progress on a wildfire burning 20 miles southeast of Tucson, according to the Tucson Interagency Dispatch Center. The Cienega fire is now at least 50 percent contained after burning 150 acres.  It broke out Saturday, May 27 near Hilton Ranch Road and Red Cloud Mine Roads.  No buildings are threatened. MOBILE USERS: Download our app on your Apple and Android devices. Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights re...

  • Tucson woman pushes for better mental health care after losing family in murder-suicide

    Tucson woman pushes for better mental health care after losing family in murder-suicide

    Sunday, May 28 2017 1:48 AM EDT2017-05-28 05:48:10 GMT

    It's been two years since 37-year-old Leilani Carrillo suffered a devastating blow after five of her family members were killed in an apparent murder-suicide on the south side.

    It's been two years since 37-year-old Leilani Carrillo suffered a devastating blow after five of her family members were killed in an apparent murder-suicide on the south side. Now, she wants to use this tragedy as a way to spread awareness about the seriousness of mental health.

Powered by Frankly