Looking for a way to save some money on back to school shopping? Here are a few tips to follow:
- Pack a lunch – this is healthier for the kids and can be a cost saver.
- Shop at home first – every home seems to have the obscure ‘junk drawer', the catch all for leftover supplies. There could be pencils, pens, paper and other assorted back to school type supplies.
- Shop at a store with price/ad match – Try to avoid shopping at office supply stores, they can be on the pricey side. Don't forget to hit the dollar and discount stores.
- Shop at second hand stores for clothing and other ‘gently used' school items.
- If possible wait until Labor Day to save big on back to school supplies.
- Save the receipt – if an item purchased is on sale at a lower price, many stores will refund the money.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved