Sprinklers help minimize damage after linens catch fire - Tucson News Now

Sprinklers help minimize damage after linens catch fire

Posted: Updated:
Burned bags hanging from ceiling of business that caught fire (Source: Tucson Fire Department) Burned bags hanging from ceiling of business that caught fire (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

The cause of the linen fire at Prudential Overall Supply was spontaneous combustion, according to Tucson Fire officials. 

Tucson Fire reported the fire began before 5 a.m. this morning, near Park and Ajo.  According to TFD they received a call from an employee at the company, who noticed smoke and flames coming from inside the building.

Several pallets of linens and large bags of towels hanging from the ceiling were what caught fire, according to TFD officials.

Firefighters on scene say it was lucky the sprinklers inside the building went off and helped minimize the damage. 

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved       

Powered by WorldNow