AZ lotto players may be eligible for new tickets - Tucson News Now

AZ lotto players may be eligible for new tickets

  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • UPDATE: Two shot, one dead, at post-wedding party

    UPDATE: Two shot, one dead, at post-wedding party

    Sunday, May 28 2017 3:23 PM EDT2017-05-28 19:23:16 GMT
    Police taped off part of E 32nd Street to investigate a deadly shooting early Sunday morning (Source: TPD).Police taped off part of E 32nd Street to investigate a deadly shooting early Sunday morning (Source: TPD).

    Police responded to several reports of a shooting early Sunday morning in a neighborhood near Park Avenue and East Silverlake Road. Officers found two men shot in the 1100 block of East 32nd Street just after 1:30 a.m. on May 28, according to a release from Tucson Police Department.

    Police responded to several reports of a shooting early Sunday morning in a neighborhood near Park Avenue and East Silverlake Road. Officers found two men shot in the 1100 block of East 32nd Street just after 1:30 a.m. on May 28, according to a release from Tucson Police Department.

  • Police ID man shot, killed by officers at cemetery in Tucson

    Police ID man shot, killed by officers at cemetery in Tucson

    Saturday, May 27 2017 11:32 PM EDT2017-05-28 03:32:03 GMT
    Joseph Zimmerman, 34, was shot and killed Friday night, according to TPD (Source: Tucson News Now).Joseph Zimmerman, 34, was shot and killed Friday night, according to TPD (Source: Tucson News Now).

    Police in Tucson released new details about a deadly shooting involving police officers on the south side of the city Friday night.. An update from Tucson Police Department Saturday afternoon identified the man who died as 34-year-old Joseph Zimmerman.

    Police in Tucson released new details about a deadly shooting involving police officers on the south side of the city Friday night.. An update from Tucson Police Department Saturday afternoon identified the man who died as 34-year-old Joseph Zimmerman.

  • Tucson woman pushes for better mental health care after losing family in murder-suicide

    Tucson woman pushes for better mental health care after losing family in murder-suicide

    Sunday, May 28 2017 1:48 AM EDT2017-05-28 05:48:10 GMT

    It's been two years since 37-year-old Leilani Carrillo suffered a devastating blow after five of her family members were killed in an apparent murder-suicide on the south side.

    It's been two years since 37-year-old Leilani Carrillo suffered a devastating blow after five of her family members were killed in an apparent murder-suicide on the south side. Now, she wants to use this tragedy as a way to spread awareness about the seriousness of mental health.

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

Due to an error in the computerized drawing system for the Arizona Lottery "Pick 3" between June 10 and Aug. 3, replacement tickets are being offered to eligible people who purchased tickets during that time frame, according to a press release.

Pick 3 is an Arizona Lottery draw game in which players pick three numbers and can win a prize up to $500. Tickets cost $1 each and drawings are held every day, Monday through Saturday.

On Aug. 5, the Arizona Lottery discovered there was an issue in the Pick 3 programming code that prevented the numbers eight and nine from being drawn in certain positions between June 10 and Aug. 3. This error resulted in 92.3 percent of tickets purchased having a better chance to win, and caused 7.7 percent to have no chance of winning.

Although the majority of Pick 3 players were not affected, the Arizona Lottery will be providing a replacement ticket for any Pick 3 ticket purchased during that time period using the number eight and nine on all of the Pick 3 play types listed in the chart below:


1st

2nd

3rd

Straight (Exact)


9

8 or 9

Box (Any) 3-Way

Any 8 or 9

Box (Any) 6-Way

Any 8 or 9

Straight/Box 6-way

Any 8 or 9

Front Pair


9


Back Pair


9

8 or 9

Straight/Box 3-Way

Any 8 or 9

As soon as the error was suspected, the Arizona Lottery immediately assembled an investigative team to research the issue.

"Once the error was identified, it was immediately corrected," said Jeff Hatch-Miller, Director of the Arizona Lottery. "The Arizona Lottery assures our players that the issue has been remedied, and the Pick 3 drawings will continue to move forward with the utmost integrity."

Beginning Monday, Aug. 19, 2013, the Arizona Lottery will be offering eligible players three options to receive replacement tickets equal to the sales price of the affected tickets purchased. If numbers were selected by the player, the replacement tickets will reflect the same numbers. If the tickets were a Quick Pick, then the newly issued tickets will be Quick Pick, but replacements will have different numbers than the originals.

Option 1: In Person

Players must bring their affected tickets to the Arizona Lottery offices in Phoenix or Tucson prior to Sept. 30. Replacement tickets equal to the sales price of the affected tickets purchased will be issued. Tickets must be relinquished upon replacement.

Phoenix Office:                                  Tucson Office:

4740 E. University Drive                    4010 E. Grant Road

Phoenix AZ 85034                            Tucson, AZ 85712

480-921-4400                                 520-628-5107

Option 2: In-State Mail

Players must mail affected tickets to the Arizona Lottery (Phoenix office only) to receive replacement tickets equal to the sales price of the affected tickets purchased. Tickets will be printed and mailed via U.S. Postal Service prior to the draw, but received after the draw. Check the winning numbers for the draw date printed on the tickets.

Mail to:           Attn: Ticket Replacement, Arizona Lottery

                        P.O. Box 2913

                        Phoenix, AZ 85062-2913

Option 3: Out-of-State Mail

Out-of-state players must mail affected tickets to receive a letter offering replacement tickets. The original letter with the embossed Lottery seal must be presented in person to the Arizona Lottery offices by close of business on December 31, 2013.

Mail to:           Attn: Ticket Replacement, Arizona Lottery

                        P.O. Box 2913

                        Phoenix, AZ 85062-2913

Players must be 21 years or older to purchase or redeem tickets. Winners have 180 days from the drawing date to claim their prize at an Arizona Lottery office or by mail. Overall odds vary by game. All sales are final. For more information visit the Pick 3 page.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

  • Local newsMore>>

  • UPDATE: Two shot, one dead, at post-wedding party

    UPDATE: Two shot, one dead, at post-wedding party

    Sunday, May 28 2017 3:23 PM EDT2017-05-28 19:23:16 GMT
    Police taped off part of E 32nd Street to investigate a deadly shooting early Sunday morning (Source: TPD).Police taped off part of E 32nd Street to investigate a deadly shooting early Sunday morning (Source: TPD).

    Police responded to several reports of a shooting early Sunday morning in a neighborhood near Park Avenue and East Silverlake Road. Officers found two men shot in the 1100 block of East 32nd Street just after 1:30 a.m. on May 28, according to a release from Tucson Police Department.

    Police responded to several reports of a shooting early Sunday morning in a neighborhood near Park Avenue and East Silverlake Road. Officers found two men shot in the 1100 block of East 32nd Street just after 1:30 a.m. on May 28, according to a release from Tucson Police Department.

  • Crews halt wildfire southeast of Tucson

    Crews halt wildfire southeast of Tucson

    Sunday, May 28 2017 12:48 PM EDT2017-05-28 16:48:06 GMT
    Source: Corona De Tucson FireSource: Corona De Tucson Fire

    Crews have stopped forward progress on a wildfire burning 20 miles southeast of Tucson, according to the Tucson Interagency Dispatch Center. The Cienega fire is now at least 50 percent contained after burning 150 acres.  It broke out Saturday, May 27 near Hilton Ranch Road and Red Cloud Mine Roads.  No buildings are threatened. MOBILE USERS: Download our app on your Apple and Android devices. Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights re...

    Crews have stopped forward progress on a wildfire burning 20 miles southeast of Tucson, according to the Tucson Interagency Dispatch Center. The Cienega fire is now at least 50 percent contained after burning 150 acres.  It broke out Saturday, May 27 near Hilton Ranch Road and Red Cloud Mine Roads.  No buildings are threatened. MOBILE USERS: Download our app on your Apple and Android devices. Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights re...

  • Tucson woman pushes for better mental health care after losing family in murder-suicide

    Tucson woman pushes for better mental health care after losing family in murder-suicide

    Sunday, May 28 2017 1:48 AM EDT2017-05-28 05:48:10 GMT

    It's been two years since 37-year-old Leilani Carrillo suffered a devastating blow after five of her family members were killed in an apparent murder-suicide on the south side.

    It's been two years since 37-year-old Leilani Carrillo suffered a devastating blow after five of her family members were killed in an apparent murder-suicide on the south side. Now, she wants to use this tragedy as a way to spread awareness about the seriousness of mental health.

Powered by Frankly