If you bought a Pick 3 ticket this summer you may be eligible for a new ticket.
The Arizona Lottery officials said there was an error in the computer drawing system for Pick 3.
A majority of tickets were not impacted, according to Arizona Lottery officials, however if you purchased tickets between June 10 and Aug. 3 and used the numbers 8 or 9, they're giving a replacement ticket.
Lottery officials said the issue in the Pick 3 programming code that prevented the numbers 8 and 9 from being drawn in certain positions was discovered on Aug. 5. It resulted in 92.3 percent of tickets purchased having a better chance to win, and caused 7.7 percent to have no chance of winning.
Officials said the glitch has since been resolved.
Players must bring their affected tickets to the Arizona Lottery offices in Phoenix, located at 4740 E. University Drive, or Tucson, located at 4010 E. Grant Road, prior to Sept. 30, 2013. Replacement tickets equal to the sales price of the affected tickets purchased will be issued.
Pick 3 is an Arizona Lottery draw game in which players pick three numbers and can win a prize up to $500. Tickets cost $1 each and drawings are held every day, Monday through Saturday.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive
Tucson, AZ 85743