FD: Weed torch starts garage fire - Tucson News Now

FD: Weed torch starts garage fire

Posted: Updated:
Source: Northwest Fire Source: Northwest Fire
Source: Northwest Fire Source: Northwest Fire
Source: Northwest Fire Source: Northwest Fire
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A fire that started in a garage on the northwest side caused $45,000 in damage.

Northwest Fire received a call to the home around 3:25 p.m. Thursday.  Firefighters say some people were battling the flames with a hose when they arrived.

Firefighters say the neighbor was helping a woman with weed control this morning with a torch-like device burning the weeds.  They believe flames from this device got into the garage side paneling and started the fire.  We're told she left the home around 9 or 10am, so she was not home when the fire broke out.

The woman will be staying with family for now, due to electrical damage at the home.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow