Sleeping man escapes Toledo house fire safely - Tucson News Now

Sleeping man escapes Toledo house fire safely

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

A west Toledo home caught fire early Sunday morning with one person inside.

Police say it happened around 1:30 a.m. at a home on the 1800 block of Norwood Avenue.

The homeowner was reportedly sleeping upstairs when the fire broke out downstairs in his living room. The man got out safely.

Firefighters say the home sustained extensive damage.

Fire investigators are working to learn what sparked the fire.

Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Tuesday, May 23 2017 7:26 PM EDT2017-05-23 23:26:19 GMT

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

Powered by Frankly