Leaking propane sparks flash fire - Tucson News Now

Leaking propane sparks flash fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Tucson Fire Department) (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A flash fire has left an east side woman with minor burns.

The woman reportedly lit a pilot light on a water heater, but ended up setting off a small explosion just before 10 a.m. at her mobile home, Tucson Fire Department officials said.

She had put out most of the flames by the time firefighters arrived to her residence in the 4800 block of e. Grant Road.

The fire singed the woman's hair and eyebrows, but officials said she did not have to go to the hospital.

A total of nine units and 23 firefighters were dispatched to the scene. 

The total cost of damages was not known.

Authorities suggest to leave the area immediately and call the fire department from outside the home if a strong gas odor exists.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow