Officials: Unattended grill sets house on fire, family displaced - Tucson News Now

Officials: Unattended grill sets house on fire, family displaced

Posted: Updated:
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Union Pacific working to get train cars back on track near Picacho Peak

    Union Pacific working to get train cars back on track near Picacho Peak

    Union Pacific working to get train cars back on track near Picacho Peak

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 11:22 AM EDT2014-09-16 15:22:35 GMT
    Crews are still working to clear the tracks after an overnight derailment in Pinal County. There were no injuries reported and nothing hazardous was on the train cars. Authorities say the track could be cleared up of cars by noon.
    Crews are still working to clear the tracks after an overnight derailment in Pinal County. There were no injuries reported and nothing hazardous was on the train cars. Authorities say the track could be cleared up of cars by noon.
  • Ocean Springs mom warning parents about app

    Ocean Springs mom warning parents about app

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 10:00 AM EDT2014-09-16 14:00:09 GMT
    An Ocean Springs mom is sending a warning to South Mississippi parents. Katrina Johnson wants every parent to be aware of an app that she says is being used by many students to spread hate.
    An Ocean Springs mom is sending a warning to South Mississippi parents. Katrina Johnson wants every parent to be aware of an app that she says is being used by many students to spread hate. Johnson discovered the posts last week, and she says what she read would make parents cringe.
  • Are you prepared for an emergency?

    Are you prepared for an emergency?

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:58 AM EDT2014-09-16 12:58:01 GMT
    September is National Preparedness Month and officials are giving a list of the basics that the public should always have on hand in case of an emergency. Always have water, a battery powered flashlight and a first aid kit and have them on hand before an emergency hits. 
    September is National Preparedness Month and officials are giving a list of the basics that the public should always have on hand in case of an emergency. Always have water, a battery powered flashlight and a first aid kit and have them on hand before an emergency hits. 
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A family was displaced after an unattended grill reportedly caught their home on fire.

Capt. Barrett Baker with the Tucson Fire Department said a man thought he extinguished the wood used on an outside grill around 12:30 p.m., but a woman heard smoke alarms and discovered a fire outside their house a few hours later.

The two adults, in addition to an 8-year-old, 1-year-old and a four-month old, were able to exit safely from their residence in the 800 block of W. Budmoore Terrace.  A neighbor also called 911 to report the flames, but didn't know if anyone was in the house. 

A total of eight units and 21 firefighters were able to limit the fire to the exterior of the home, Baker said.

No injuries to the family members or firefighters were reported. The total estimate of damages was not determined.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow