Dryer fire temporarily displaces woman, 3 dogs - Tucson News Now

Dryer fire temporarily displaces woman, 3 dogs

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Tucson Fire Department) (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Three found dead inside east side home

    Three found dead inside east side home

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 11:15 AM EDT2014-09-02 15:15:53 GMT
    Tucson Police detectives are investigating a homicide on Speedway between Harrison and Houghton roads. TPD received reports of shots fired around 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday. 
    Tucson Police detectives are investigating a homicide on Speedway between Harrison and Houghton roads. TPD received reports of shots fired around 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday. 
  • TFD: Tucson toddler drowns in hot tub

    TFD: Tucson toddler drowns in hot tub

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:58 AM EDT2014-09-02 04:58:19 GMT
    Capt. Baker said there's no rewind for this family. Tonight, they're dealing with a tragedy.
    Capt. Baker said there's no rewind for this family. Tonight, they're dealing with a tragedy.
  • Arizona Cannabis Nurses sue state over PTSD ruling

    Arizona Cannabis Nurses sue state over PTSD ruling

    Arizona Cannabis Nurses sue state over PTSD ruling

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 1:51 AM EDT2014-09-02 05:51:26 GMT
    The Arizona Cannabis Nurses association has filed a lawsuit against the Arizona Department of Health Services, over a ruling that affects those suffering from PTSD.Even though the department's director Will Humble issued a decision last month, stating those with PTSD could get access to medical marijuana starting in January, 2015 those in the medical marijuana industry are questioning some of the stipulations attached to that decision.Heather Manus, the president of the AZ Cannabis Nurses Ass...
    The Arizona Cannabis Nurses association has filed a lawsuit against the Arizona Department of Health Services, over a ruling that affects those suffering from PTSD.Even though the department's director Will Humble issued a decision last month, stating those with PTSD could get access to medical marijuana starting in January, 2015 those in the medical marijuana industry are questioning some of the stipulations attached to that decision.Heather Manus, the president of the AZ Cannabis Nurses Ass...
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A Tucson family was temporarily displaced from its east side residence after a fire sparked in the laundry room.

The homeowner heard the smoke alarm going off and smelled a smoky odor while doing laundry, so she cleaned out the machine's lint trap and turned the dryer back on, officials said. The alarm went off a second time and she saw heavy smoke and heard a popping sound.

She reportedly closed the laundry room door and left her home with her three dogs in the 7700 block of E. Edison before calling 911.

Tucson Fire Department crews shut off the gas and electric to the residence for safety precautions and were able to extinguish flames found in the dryer.

Building Safety officials said the house was safe to live in.

No injuries were reported and the Red Cross was not needed, according to TFD Capt. Barrett Baker.   

Department officials say the leading cause of dryer fires is failure to clean them. Officials suggest to clean out the lint trap prior to dryer use and do not turn on the machine before leaving the residence.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow