Electrical cord malfunction sparks house fire - Tucson News Now

Electrical cord malfunction sparks house fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Tucson Fire Department) (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
(Source: Tucson Fire Department) (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Man's homemade 'trap' leads to neighbor's arrest

    Man's homemade 'trap' leads to neighbor's arrest

    A Terrebonne Parish man's homemade trap led to the arrest of his neighbor, police say. The incident happened on Bull Run Road in Schriever. The resident said that his shed had been burglarized while he
    A Terrebonne Parish man's homemade trap led to the arrest of his neighbor, police say.
  • Student found dead in apartment identified as UofL cheerleader

    Student found dead in apartment identified as UofL cheerleader

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:44 AM EDT2014-07-29 14:44:12 GMT
    The name of a 22-year-old University of Louisville student who was found dead in an off-campus apartment Monday has been released.
    The name of a 22-year-old University of Louisville student who was found dead in an off-campus apartment Monday has been released.
  • Video: MMA fighter takes down would-be thieves

    Video: MMA fighter takes down would-be thieves

    Monday, July 28 2014 1:15 PM EDT2014-07-28 17:15:48 GMT

    Mayura Dissanayaka was behind the counter when he noticed his fellow employee return after a run to the bank. An SUV pulled in the parking lot and two men jumped out to grab the bank bag.

    Mayura Dissanayaka was behind the counter when he noticed his fellow employee return after a run to the bank. An SUV pulled in the parking lot and two men jumped out to grab the bank bag.

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A family of three was displaced after a fire engulfed an east side home.

Officials said a woman was home at the time of the fire, and she and three dogs escaped uninjured.

Tucson Fire Department personnel responded to the scene in the 1900 block of S. Placita Andujar, where the entire back of the home was on fire.

A ladder crew shut down the electric and propane to the house, and assisted with cutting holes in the roof to let smoke escape until the fire was completely extinguished.

The woman was medically assessed on scene as a precaution.  She, another adult and their teenage son were displaced from the home, which was considered a total loss. 

A total of eleven units and 31 firefighters responded to the scene. No firefighters reported injuries.

The estimated damages were not determined but crews said a malfunction involving an electrical cord sparked the fire.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow