Fire crews say they were able to rescue a dog from a blaze started by a space heater in a Florence home.
Florence firefighters were called to a home in the 200 block of Deer Trace Drive around 3:15 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon. Upon arrival, crews found a working fire in a one story home.
Crews made entry and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. One dog was rescued by fire crews.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a space heater.
The Florence Fire Department reminds everyone to use supplementary heating devices properly and safely. Fire crews give these tips for space heater safety:
- Keep all space heaters at least three feet away from household combustibles.
- Do not use extension cords with space heaters unless absolutely necessary.
- Do not use space heaters in wet or damp areas unless is designated for outdoor use or bathrooms.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive