Electrical problem sparks fire at church offices - Tucson News Now

Electrical problem sparks fire at church offices


It's believed an electrical problem sparked a fire Thursday night at the regional office for the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

Employees with Questline Productions were working late at the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference offices on Conference Drive when the lights began acting strangely.

Upon investigation, the employees found a fire in the ceiling.

"When we pulled the tiles back, you could actually see the fire burning," said Charles Byrd with Questline Productions. "One of the 2x4s had burned half-way through and the other tiles were starting to turn brown, so we shot it with a fire extinguisher and called the fire department.

The fire damage to the building was minimal, however there was damage caused by water.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • KOLD Now FeaturingMore>>

Powered by Frankly