Miamitown Elementary School was evacuated after a gas leak early Wednesday morning.
All personnel inside the school were told to exit the building. The report was made just before 8 a.m. prior to the start of classes.
According to administrators, the first bus arrives at 8:40 a.m. and students were not allowed to enter the school until crews could fix the problem.
Duke Energy crews said a bad relief valve at the school was the cause of the leak. Students were allowed back inside the school around 9 a.m.
Miamitown Elementary is located on State Route 128 in Hamilton County.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.