Lynne Trolley, the great grandniece of Jack Daniel, cookbook author and official whiskey taster at the Jack Daniel Distillery, came to FOX19 to make her delicious Winter Jack Coconut Nuggets. Luckily, we got the special recipe!
• 3 ½ cups (about 12 ounces) crushed vanilla wafer cookies
• 1 ½ cups sweetened flaked coconut (better if processed some to prevent long strands; chop up ahead in food processor and take in zip lock bag)
• 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (toast nuts while whole and then chop)
• 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
• ¼ cup Winter Jack Tennessee Cider
• Powdered sugar
Combine the cookie crumbs, coconut, and pecans in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the condensed milk and Winter Jack Tennessee Cider and blend well.
Chill the dough until firm, about 4 hours.
Pour a cup or two of powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in the powdered sugar.
Cover and store in the refrigerator.
This recipe will make about 40 nuggets
7831 N. Business Park Drive
Tucson, AZ 85743