A mother of three saved her children and parents from a burning mobile home fire Saturday afternoon, fire authorities said.
The woman, whose name was not released, was at home asleep in the back bedroom when she suddenly awoke to her arm becoming hot, said Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Capt. Tony Mure.
The mother looked over and saw her bedroom wall on fire, Mure said. The mother grabbed her three children, two elderly parents and escaped without harm from the burning structure near 32nd and Van Buren streets.
The home is a complete loss.
There is no word yet on what sparked the fire at 3302 East Randolph Rd.
The Red Cross is assisting the family with temporary shelter food and clothing.
The family did not have a working smoke detector.
Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive
Tucson, AZ 85743