Kitchen fire at apartment on N Wilmot - Tucson News Now

Kitchen fire at apartment on N Wilmot

Posted: Updated:
Photo from Tucson Fire Department Photo from Tucson Fire Department
Photo from Tucson Fire Department Photo from Tucson Fire Department

Tucson Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire in an apartment complex at the 1600 block of N Wilmot.

The fire was started when the resident, a woman in her 50s, was cooking bacon in the kitchen. She stepped away from the stove and the kitchen caught fire, according to Captain Barrett Baker.

The woman tried to put the fire out with baking soda, but it was ineffective.

TFD arrived and extinguished the fire, which was contained to the woman's kitchen.

She was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.The Red Cross has said they will assist the woman.

Authorities are attempting to help the woman find her cat and dog, who went missing during the fire.

 Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow