SAN FRANCISCO (KGO/CNN) - There's a new warning for pet owners in San Francisco about tainted meatballs possibly aimed at pets.
Mark Miller and Cleo were out for an evening walk in the Richmond District, where four raw meatballs were found lined up on the sidewalk Sunday night.
"I know some folks do not like animals but you don't injure or kill them. Worse, as I said, young children may find them and indulge, it would be even worse," Miller said.
Animal Care and Control don't know yet if these meatballs are poisoned.
"He'll stick his head in the bush and come out with a chicken bone. He'd have a meatball down in a heartbeat," Miller said.
The discovery comes just days after 32 meatballs suspected to be tainted were found near Twin Peaks. Signs warning the public can be seen everywhere.
It's the same spot where hundreds of poison meatballs were found last summer, one dog died as a result then. Others were sickened.
Linda Morales just adopted her two dogs yesterday.
"I think it's somebody who hates animals and it's somebody local," she said.
Until the suspect is caught animal officials give warning to pet owners near Twin Peaks and the Richmond District.
"If their dog does pick something up and starts to consume it, I wouldn't waste time, I would take the dog directly to a veterinarian," Lt. Denise Bongiovanni with Animal Care and Control said.
All of the suspected meatballs have been sent to UC Davis for testing.
Copyright 2014 KGO via CNN. All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive