Date Time (MST) Location (Ballpark) Probable Starters
Wed., April 9 6:30 p.m. Tempe, Ariz. (Packard Stadium) RHP Morgan Earman (2-1, 4.50) vs. RHP Seth Martinez (2-0, 5.40)
Radio: Wednesday's game will be broadcast live by the Arizona IMG Sports Network with play-by-play descriptions provided by the Voice of the Wildcats, Brian Jeffries.
All-Time Series: Arizona leads, 240-207-1 Last Meeting: March 26 (ASU 14, Arizona 6 -- at Tempe, Ariz.)
Streak: Teams have split last 6 meetings First Meeting: 1907
- Scott Kingery leads the Pac-12 in hits (49) and average (.398).
- Kingery has hit safely in 30 of 33 games this season.
- Trent Gilbert has a .422 average in 11 games against ASU.
- UA is 12-0 when leading after 6 innings this season.
- The Wildcats bat .358 with runners in scoring position in their 14 wins, but just .189 w/RISP in 19 losses.
- Scott Kingery (49), Trent Gilbert (48), Zach Gibbons (46) and Kevin Newman (43) each rank Nos. 1-4 in the Pac-12 for base hits.
- With a .298 average, the Wildcats lead all Pac-12 teams in batting. Arizona is the only team in the nation to hit .300 or better in each of the last 11 seasons.
- Before the March 26 meeting, each of the last 8 UA-ASU games were decided in the winning team's final at-bat.
- Three of UA's five home runs this season have been hit by freshman. Gilbert has the other two -- the first two of his career.
- The Cats are 6-2 the last three seasons in extra-inning games.
- Wednesday's starter -- Morgan Earman -- has the lowest opponent batting average (.175) of any UA pitcher this season.
- UA outscores teams 44-6 in 2-out RBI in 14 wins, but has been outscored 48-8 in 2-out RBI over 19 losses.
On Deck: The last two national champions – Arizona (2012) and UCLA (2013) – square off in a Pac-12 series this weekend at Hi Corbett Field (April 11-13) in Tucson, Ariz. All three games between the Wildcats the 22nd-ranked Bruins will be televised. The Friday and Sunday games will be televised on the Pac-12 Network beginning at 7 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively. Saturday's game will be televised live on ESPN beginning at 7:30 p.m.