Late night kitchen fire forces family of 5 out of home - Tucson News Now

Late night kitchen fire forces family of 5 out of home

Posted: Updated:
Source:TFD Source:TFD
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Tucson Police investigating two possible hit and run incidents

    Tucson Police investigating two possible hit and run incidents

    Monday, September 15 2014 12:05 PM EDT2014-09-15 16:05:27 GMT
    Tucson Police officials are searching for two vehicles involved in two separate collisions on Monday morning. 
    Tucson Police officials are searching for two vehicles involved in two separate collisions on Monday morning. 
  • CA Police: Man cooks girlfriends' dog after dispute

    CA Police: Man cooks girlfriends' dog after dispute

    Sunday, September 14 2014 10:32 PM EDT2014-09-15 02:32:51 GMT
    A man in California allegedly killed and cooked his girlfriend's dog, then fed it to her. 
    A man in California allegedly killed and cooked his girlfriend's dog, then fed it to her. 
  • BP agents stop 3 drug smuggling attempts

    BP agents stop 3 drug smuggling attempts

    Monday, September 15 2014 4:43 PM EDT2014-09-15 20:43:56 GMT
    Last week Border Patrol agents seized more than $1 million in marijuana, as suspects attempted to smuggle it across the border into the U.S. In a recent release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, agents with the Ajo Station, stopped three suspected smuggling attempts on Sept. 11. 
    Last week Border Patrol agents seized more than $1 million in marijuana, as suspects attempted to smuggle it across the border into the U.S. In a recent release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, agents with the Ajo Station, stopped three suspected smuggling attempts on Sept. 11. 
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A family of five is out of their home this morning after a late night kitchen fire.

The Tucson Fire Department was called out to an apartment in the 7400 block of East 22nd Street around 9:24 Tuesday night. When they arrived, they found out a neighbor with a fire extinguisher was able to put out the fire.

It all started when the mother made dinner for the family. One of the children asked for more, but then changed his mind. His mother forgot to turn the stove off. The oil ignited and started a fire on the stove top and it extended to the cabinets.

The mother and children found the fire and ran to a neighbor's apartment for help. That's when the neighbor used the fire extinguisher to put out the flames.
No one was hurt. The family is going to stay with relatives.

Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow