Oro Valley family awakes to BBQ fire - Tucson News Now

Oro Valley family awakes to BBQ fire

Posted: Updated:
Source: Golder Ranch Fire District Source: Golder Ranch Fire District
Source: Golder Ranch Fire District Source: Golder Ranch Fire District
Source: Golder Ranch Fire District Source: Golder Ranch Fire District
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Student found dead in apartment identified as UofL cheerleader

    Student found dead in apartment identified as UofL cheerleader

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:44 AM EDT2014-07-29 14:44:12 GMT
    The name of a 22-year-old University of Louisville student who was found dead in an off-campus apartment Monday has been released.
    The name of a 22-year-old University of Louisville student who was found dead in an off-campus apartment Monday has been released.
  • Man's homemade 'trap' leads to neighbor's arrest

    Man's homemade 'trap' leads to neighbor's arrest

    A Terrebonne Parish man's homemade trap led to the arrest of his neighbor, police say. The incident happened on Bull Run Road in Schriever. The resident said that his shed had been burglarized while he
    A Terrebonne Parish man's homemade trap led to the arrest of his neighbor, police say.
  • Video: MMA fighter takes down would-be thieves

    Video: MMA fighter takes down would-be thieves

    Monday, July 28 2014 1:15 PM EDT2014-07-28 17:15:48 GMT

    Mayura Dissanayaka was behind the counter when he noticed his fellow employee return after a run to the bank. An SUV pulled in the parking lot and two men jumped out to grab the bank bag.

    Mayura Dissanayaka was behind the counter when he noticed his fellow employee return after a run to the bank. An SUV pulled in the parking lot and two men jumped out to grab the bank bag.

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A family in Oro Valley awoke to find flames shooting from their back patio grill early Sunday morning.

Golder Ranch Firefighters arrived at the home in the 100 block of West Greenock to find heavy smoke and flames surrounding the built-in grill on the back patio. The fire had spread to nearby walls connected to the home, according to Golder Ranch Battalion Chief Josh Hurguy.

Fire fighters were able to put out the fire within a matter of minutes, resulting in limited damage. There were no injuries and the residents will be able to remain in their home.

Golder Ranch released a statement, reminding everyone to exercise caution when barbecuing over this Memorial Weekend. For safety, they recommend double checking the grilling area for fire flammables and ensuring that any burning material is properly extinguished before leaving the grill unattended.

More information and safety tips are available at www.grfdaz.gov.

Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow